Private Area

All I see is DARKNESS.
All I feel is COLD.
All I hear is CRITICISM
All I want is PEACE
and a SMILE on your FACE

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Loneliness

Loneliness…



Loneliness…



Loneliness…



How many of us here are afraid of loneliness? I think most people are afraid of being lonely. Perhaps that’s why we surround ourselves with people, friends, family and enemies. And when one has no choice, and is always lonely without family and friends, why does he do? He’ll probably find lots of work to do, chores to finish and any excuses so that he wouldn’t feel lonely. But then when everything is done, he doesn’t have any work left, and he doesn’t have anyone around, what does he do? He could meditate (meditation is another topic I love but don’t practise) and whisk himself to a totally different world altogether, well, that’s if he knows the proper technique of meditation. But if a lonely person doesn’t find a way to rid himself of loneliness, this loneliness will slowly eat into his soul, leaving a permanent mark on his soul, making him all reclusive. He will slowly succumb into this feeling of loneliness, feeling that he will always be alone and letting the loneliness win, creating an empty soul. How many people in this world are so lonely and empty? Hmmm.. I wonder…



I am lonely too. So far away from home, from my parents, from my sisters, from people who love me. Here, I have friends, but somehow, there is nagging sense of loneliness. Then, I wonder, perhaps loneliness is NOT JUST about having people around you. It is just not about having people around you, but more to having people you trust and are completely comfortable with, even if it means just having a single person in your life, would completely change the scenario of being lonely. Just one person whom you can talk your heart out to, just one person who is willing to open his/her heart and listen to what you have to say. I wish there were many more people out there to listen to people, listen to what they have to say… So far, I have never actually met a person who actually listens, and when I say listen, I mean not just with the ears but with the heart, without interrupting the conversation with some other things or telling their own problems when another is pouring their heart out. That’s probably the ONE main reason I don’t tell people my problems, it’s sometimes their attitude that puts me off and make me decide that I will never share any of my problems with that person. I, may be for some people, a tad sensitive and demanding and perhaps with a high expectation of people but that’s the way I am. And this could be the very reason I feel lonely, because I haven’t found someone who I can communicate heart to heart…



“Nobody knows who I really am,

I’ve never felt this empty before,

If I ever need someone to come along,

Who’s gonna comfort me and keep me strong”

(Quoted from the song Life is like a boat, Bleach)



What I can do? The only thing I try to do is to not let this loneliness eat my soul away by always remembering that even if I am faraway from my family and I don’t have that “someone” and lots of friends, I still and always will have people loving me, people who have and will be my guiding souls in times of need, people who are always happy for me and try to make me happy, people who know me and inspire me, people who are my role models, people who need me even if it is just for a short time, people who have taught me many things in life… remembering all these, chases the feeling of being lonely in this world.



Loneliness… I am not afraid of you……

No comments:

Post a Comment