Private Area

All I see is DARKNESS.
All I feel is COLD.
All I hear is CRITICISM
All I want is PEACE
and a SMILE on your FACE

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hope

A glimmer of hope, hope that everything will be fine between us… that’s it, that’s all I had left: hope. But you had to go and dash it, break it and shatter it.



Hope…



The very word that brings out some other emotions in me…The very word I love and hate… More that I love and hate my self… What is this hope? What?



According to wikipedia: Hope, is a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one’s life. Hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best. To hope is to wish for something with the expectation of the wish being fulfilled



Everyone hopes for one thing or another; hopes to be someone one day, hopes for wealth, success and happiness. But, these are just general hopes, I’d bet everyone has similar hopes. How about specific hopes/wishes and how about giving others hope?



I think it is because of hope, a lot of people are depressed, angry, sad, hopeless, devastated, frustrated… Why? It’s because they have placed too much hope on something they have been wanting, expecting the person to fully understand and comprehend what you are hoping for.



It could be,

“I hope you wouldn’t lie to me anymore”

“I hope that you can stop and listen to me for awhile”

“I hope tomorrow I would very rich”



Or perhaps, it could be

-parents having high hopes on their children, to achieve things and stuff

-couples hoping for positive changes in each other”



Or, it may be simple things like,

#hoping for people to understand each other

#hoping that someone realizes that they are hurting someone else

#hoping that people realize that you wear masks and you are not happy as you look



Hope, a lot of people have hopes and desires but they never speak of their desire and hopes, well, I guess that’s why it is called hope. But sometimes, certain things, by just having hope, things aren’t going to go like you want them to, or worse your hope might be dashed.



Found this article: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/magazine/09_23_hope.html by Marina Krakovsky in the New York Times

“Hope Can Be Worse Than Hopelessness”



Of coz hope has its positive side, the side which I love, hoping by practicing/having an action which leads towards the hope you have…



I hope I was thin, well, I can’t just sit there hoping for it, can I? I’ll have to do something about it, right?

I hope there will be a change in the government and its policies, but I can’t just whine and cry about it, can I? I’ll to play a part, like go and vote, right?

I hope there will world peace, but that ain’t so easy, but I could start at home, respecting each another’s’ culture and differences, each another’s religion would be the first step.

I hope for you to understand me, perhaps, people would if I talked about myself more? Or perhaps if people opened their ears and listened with their heart? Or perhaps, it’s just better I don’t have like this kind of a hope, because, knowing the nature of human, ok, and myself, it’s best I don’t have this kind of hope at all….

No comments:

Post a Comment