Private Area

All I see is DARKNESS.
All I feel is COLD.
All I hear is CRITICISM
All I want is PEACE
and a SMILE on your FACE

Monday, December 31, 2012

kitchen

You did not realize my presence
Constantly humming to yourself
With earphones, you sway along with the music
in the kitchen, chopping "dinner"

I stand there and watch you
marveling at how at ease you are
admiring your view and kitchen skills
thinking how lucky I am

10 minutes, I'm still watching you
and you still haven't noticed me yet
seems like sad song you're listening to 
as your movements become slower, gentler

Smirking, I crept up to you
Knowing this would scare you off
Waiting for a reaction (out of the ordinary)
that will probably crack me up

True to my thoughts
You screamed, when I touched your hips
dropping the spatula onto the floor
thank God, it wasn't a knife or my favorite bowl

I doubled over in laughter
When you finally turned around
in fact, I was a heap on the floor
laughing too hard, till tears flowed out

As the good sport, you always are
straddling me (on the floor)
soon you were joining in the laughter
to only be interrupted by the lingering burning smell
 

No comments:

Post a Comment