Private Area

All I see is DARKNESS.
All I feel is COLD.
All I hear is CRITICISM
All I want is PEACE
and a SMILE on your FACE

Monday, March 18, 2013

A sleepless night

woke up missing your warmth
in the dark, tried to get my eyes adjusted
wondering where did you slip off to
in the middle of night

I saw you sitting in front of the window
lost in thoughts, with a deep frown
untangling myself from the cocoon 
I sneaked towards you

You startled and tensed a moment
when I wrapped my arms around your waist
and then you leaned against my chest
murmuring apologies for having woken me up

I kissed your hair, I nibbled you earlobe
you squirmed and giggled
and tried too wriggle out of my grasp
but i just held on tighter

then you sighed, and exhaled a deep breathe
you became silent again
so unlike you, unlike you to be this restless
and i knew you would speak when you felt like it

so there we sat quietly
as you pulled me to the front
with your chin of my shoulders
and  your hands rubbing my tummy incessantly 

I must have fallen asleep in your embrace
because the next time I opened my eyes
sunlight was streaming in
and i was snuggled into your chest on our tiny little bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment