Private Area

All I see is DARKNESS.
All I feel is COLD.
All I hear is CRITICISM
All I want is PEACE
and a SMILE on your FACE

Thursday, July 29, 2010

He's just not mine

One of my poems from my english class during undergraduate class, just thought of sharing

It was just another day

I sat on a heap of hay

Wondering why the sky’s so gray

No more lovely, cheerful May

Then I took a walk down the bay

At the quay I saw him sway

Aye, I felt my heart led astray

Watching him from far away

As I closed in, I started to pray

Wishing he would stop and say

“Pretty gal over there, hey!!!”

But all I heard was donkey bray

Everyday I watched him like he was prey

I wanted him so badly, I’d pay

Patiently I waited; I feared I’ll turn clay

Under Mr. Sun’s frightful ray

One day, he took a turn and came my way

The drums in my heart began to play

I knew it wanted to do a relay

So, I stopped him and made him stay

I could feel him start to fray

All around, I saw birds named Jay

My heart painfully did they slay

With the news that he was gay

No comments:

Post a Comment