Private Area

All I see is DARKNESS.
All I feel is COLD.
All I hear is CRITICISM
All I want is PEACE
and a SMILE on your FACE

Saturday, April 6, 2013

The park

another misunderstanding
another fight
another tantrum thrown
another silent war

you speed up
leaving me in the back
trying to escape 
trying to run away

that's what you are 
a coward
you run away
you don't face your problems

my head hurts
my heart hurts even more
i call out to you
and you never turn around once

i stopped walking
wondering why i bother chasing
rooted to my spot
thinking whether following would ever be worth it

the park is quiet
as it is always at this time of the day
i look up and ahead
i see your back walking further

its so pretty
the place is so serene
and our memories here were wonderful
now you walk away, marring them

soon everything's blur
when i wipe my cheeks, they are wet
when did i start crying
and with that i turn to walk the opposite way

no more chasing
no more following
no more hurting 
no more you and i

and the mere thought
and me down on my knees
wrecking, heaving
sobbing my heart and soul out

as I storm away
angry for reasons I'm not even sure anymore
I hear you calling out
my name again and again

but anger blinds
I ignore you, 
quickening my pace
trying to go faster

I don't want to talk to you
not in this state
not when I am not in my right mind
anger blinds, and words can hurt

I walked and walked
not taking in my surrounding
the beauty lost 
and your voice fading, and it stopped

as I got closer to my car
I realized, 
this was not what we came for
we did not come to fight

We came to celebrate
and I had to create a scene
not on this day
when we celebrate our day

I feel ashamed, embarassed
for causing this misunderstanding
I turn around to apologize
and you were nowhere found

Panicked, 
did you finally decide that you've had enough
enough of me
enough of us

I ran
my heart pondered
no, I will not allow this
if we ever do separate, it'll not be like this

No no no
panting and struggling
I stopped in shock
you were there on the ground

you were crying
you were sobbing
and I am the cause for your tears
which I've sworn to never let happen

I felt like dying
as I took the final steps towards
and you did not even realize my presence
that's how much I must have hurt

you startled when I wrapped my arms around
but you knew it was me
and that had only made you cry harder
and all I could do was to whisper sorry over and over again

No comments:

Post a Comment